Inka Sun Travel
real life experience
Classic Inca Trail 5D/4N
The Inka Trail to Machu Picchu is one the most famous trails in the world not only because of its beautiful paths but all of its diversity. Going from the foot of snow covered mountains to the abundant vegetation of the rain forest and arriving at the Lost City of the Inkas, "Machu Picchu waits for you". This trip allows you to fully enjoy the classic Inka Trail and Machu Picchu. Please have look at our itinerary and see what set us apart from the rest.
Day 1: Inka Trail to Machu Picchu (B,L,D)
- Early morning private transfer Hotel - Km 82
- First day of the Inca Trail from km 82 to Huallabamba
- Approximate walking distance / time-- 8 miles / 6 hours
- Overnight at Huallabamba campsite
Day 2: Inka Trail to Machu Picchu (B,L,D)
- Second day of the Inca Trail from Huallabamba to Pacaymayo
- Today you will walk through the highest pass of the trail, Warmi Huañusca, at 13,800 feet.
- Approximate walking distance / time-- 7.5 miles / 7 hours
- Overnight at Pacaymayo campsite
Day 3: Inka Trail to Machu Picchu (B,L,D)
- Third day of the Inca Trail from Pacaymayo to Wiñay Wayna
- Today we will pass by different archeological Incan sites with wonderful views
- Approximate walking distance / time-- 10 miles / 9 hours
- Overnight at Wiñay Wayna campsite located at 11,900 feet.
Day 4: Inka Trail and Machu Picchu visit (B)
- Fourth and last day of the Inka trail
- Early morning 2 hour walk to get to the Sun Gate, "Inti Punku", for a great view overlooking Machu Picchu. "Words cannot express the spectacular beauty of this part of the Inca trail."
- Arrival to Machu Picchu citadel and transfer to your hotel to relax all morning after the long hike
- After lunch, private tour of Machu Picchu ruins and sunset over Machu Picchu
- Overnight in Aguas Calientes
Day 5: Machu Picchu - Cusco (B,D)
- Morning train Aguas Calientes – Ollantaytambo
- Upon arrival in Ollantaytambo private transfer to Cusco.
- End of our service.
This Package Includes:
- All transfers & transportation in small groups 2 – 8 people
- Professional tour guide (English speaking)
- Meals as indicated (B=Breakfast L=Lunch D=Dinner) Snacks and drinks also included
- Boiled water everyday
- 3 nights in comfortable double tents. 1 night in a nice and cozy bed and breakfast hotel at Aguas Calientes
- Orient Express Train, Machu Picchu – Ollantaytambo.
- All entrance tickets to the attraction sites including Inca trail and Machu Picchu
- Equipment: new professional tents, comfortable mattresses, dining tent, tables, chairs, cooking equipment, first aid kit and oxygen bottle
- Porters to carry all the equipment
- 2 bus trips from Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes and 1 bus up to Machu Picchu ruins
- Local Taxes.
- Airport taxes ($6 Local $30 International payable on site)
- Extra Half Porter for 7 kilos / 15 pounds: 60 USD. Full Porter for 14 Kilos / 30 pounds 120 USD. (Sorry for the high price but we value our porters' hard work)
- Tips and extras
Inka Sun Travel highlights for this Trip:
· Classic Inca Trail to Machu Picchu
· Professional new camping equipment
· Great meals during the Inka trail, snacks and drinks included
· Private cook
· Excellent professional English speaking tour guides
· Well treated porters
· Very small groups 2 – 8 people maximum
· Complete day in Machu Picchu
· Overnight in Machu Picchu town (Aguas Calientes)
· Best service on the Inka Trail
· 3 nights in comfortable double tents.
· 1 night at nice and cozy bed and breakfast hotel in Aguas Calientes
· Optional: upgrade your hotel
· Every Monday
*Other Departures Dates upon request and availability
Copyright Inka Sun Travel 2012. All Rights Reserved.